Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Growing quicker than we could have imagined

It has been awhile since our last entry but that's because we have been busy. While I was away on business in Dallas John and Cheryl (mom and dad) have been very busy playing in the dirt.

It has been less than a year and things now are starting to feel like they are getting into full swing. The delivery today brought us up to more than 83 varieties of tall bearded iris. The tall bearded are beautiful and are staples to any iris growing operation but we have been focusing on less common varieties like intermediate, dwarf bearded, Japanese, Louisiana and Siberian. From what we can tell there are very few growers in NJ or in the tri-state area for that matter that are growing iris and the ones that are only grow a handful of varieties.

At the same time, we are in the development stage of our Web site. Our Web developer and friend Shawn Murphy showed me his initial design and from what I have seen so far, I am sure it is going to look great. You can see samples of his work at his self-entitled Web site. If anyone has any concepts, ideas, or samples of other Web sites that they have seen that they like, please let us know.

We are compiling some great images for the site. My mom has taken some great shots that I hope you enjoy.

















P.S. - Following our I.T. session today my Mom is set to blog. Her insightful entries coming soon.

No comments: