Monday, July 20, 2009

Dig It-Malaysian Monarch


Today's "Dig It" is a tip of the hat to Autumn Belle, who was kind enough to leave a comment on last week's post. Check out her blog which comes to us from Malaysia-thus Malaysian Monarch (Munson 1986) is my choice for today.

This early to mid-season daylily reaches a height of 18-24" and has semi-evergreen foliage. A 1993 Award of Merit winner, Malaysian Monarch has stunning 6" blossoms of purple with cream-white throats. It may lack fragrance, but certainly provides a visual impact in the garden bed.

Happy gardening!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Elaine said...

That is a beautiful flower! I would love to know how to cultivate a garden of my own, so I've been going around to different websites and researching, and came across your blog. I had to stop by and comment on that photo. I'm usually so busy that it's hard to buckle down and do it...and this might be off topic, but I wanted to share a program with you that's made my life a little easier. It's called Chef's Diet :). If you've ever wondered if you could be eating healthier and don't have time to shop for and prepare healthy meals Chefs Diet is giving away a free month of nutritionally balanced meals whose ingredients are at the peak of freshness, plus a consultation with the premier doctor of nutrition at Chefs Diet. Check it out at http://www.myChefsDiet.com!