Sunday, February 24, 2008

Watching Out for You

We were among those in New Jersey walloped by a winter storm that dumped about 6" of snow on us. Since I had no reason to take to the treacherous roads, I wasn't adversely affected by the storm that caused hundreds of fender-benders and horrendous airport delays. To the contrary, I embrace winter snowfall and actually enjoy the physical workout provided by a sturdy snow shovel. Some may think I'm crazy, but I have loved shoveling since I was a kid and I usually start while snow is still falling heavily. There is something about the tranquility and fresh clean air that for me can only be experienced at that moment.
Many of you though are like John, content to remain warm indoors poring over the ever increasing stack of garden catalogs arriving almost daily.

Last year our son, Garrett, came across a website http://www.davesgarden.com/ which provides a wealth of information for gardeners. Then, an article in the Home & Garden section of our copy of The Star Ledger on February 21, 2008 prompted me to pass the site along to those of you who may not know about it. The article specifically refers to the Garden Watchdog section of Dave's
site.




No comments: